Tuesday, February 15, 2011

An Exciting New Chapter for a Bull Headed Babe

Recently someone told me I was bullheaded.  At the time I took offense, and made sure to tell them so.  Bull Headed.  To me, in that situation, it meant that I was stubborn, full of self-righteousness, obstinate, headstrong and willful.  Hmmm... Then, I did a little research.  According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, bullheaded means stupidly stubborn or headstrong.  Used in a sentence?  "A bullheaded boss who won't take advice from anyone."  Stupidly stubborn?  Excuse me?  Hmmm...  I got a bit more offended.

 But, the more people I have told about my bull-headed-ness, the more I see it's quite true.  I am stubborn (just ask my husband, brother and mother).  However, I'm generally right.  So, why not embrace it?  Why not be a strong willed, independent thinking, stubborn person?  Why not learn to work with my current skill set and help empower others to see where my ideas are coming from instead of just towing a rope and telling others to go along because I'm the boss?  (Please note that this is quite possibly because right now I am an executive with a staff of... well, none.  It's me.  This statement may change as my organization grows.)

Well, here goes.  This is my journey through life as just that - a Bull Headed Babe.  Hopefully my travels will be funny, (although that's highly unlikely due to my families ability to understand my humor), full of self-discovery, and educational for more than myself. 

You're welcome to come along on my journey, but know that if you get offended, I don't care.  (That's part of that bull-headed-ness I may have mentioned that I'm working to harness...)

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to following your journey. Needless to say I will probably give you plenty of material to think about as I was one that had to help with the chores as well. My "BULLHEADED" sister always got off the hook because she was daddy's little girl and ladies didn't have to clean up after the BULLS. That didn't mean she couldn't stand up to the BULLS, it only meant that she never had to clean up after them. Sound familiar?

    ReplyDelete